The approximately 500 attendees of the conference will be facility managers form education instituions from around the northestern United States and eastern Canada, as well as a variety of business partners who support the faciities mission. So that we may best serve our entire membership, we would like to solict ideas for presentationss that fully integrate not only our United States members, but our Canadian members, as well.
The ERAPPA 2019 Host Committee has chosend this year's theme as CHART YOUR COURSE: Learn, Grow, Succeed
The continued use of existing buildings and grounds requires that they be brought up to current standards, and can provide for the changing needs in technology and space utilization. Historice buildings need to be refreshed and restored. Existing systems and finishes need to be maintained in order for them to continue to serve and extended life cycle. NEw structures and major renovations, can tie the past, present, and future together. Facility managers need to continually add to their toolbox in order to rise to the challenge of keeping a campus thriving or bringing it out of stagnation.
Potential Topics/Areas of Interest
We are looking for presentations that support our conference theme. That could easily encompass any of the following:
- New and better methods of accomplishing missions and actions
- New and better products and technologies
- Effective and efficient use of facilities and spaces, including adaptive reuse or flexiblee utilization
- Doing more with less, whether it's people or money
- Better means and practices for customer service and support
- Learning and growing personally and/or professionally
- Workforce recruitment, hiring, retention, training, and/or motivation
- Success stories of any type; or even failures, if the lessons can help lead others to success
Regardless, the ERAPPA 2019 Host Committee is also interested in other timely or relevant topics that can provide value for attendees by providing updates on tecnology, policy and procedures, and best practices.
Additionally, panel discussions are encouraged as a submission, in lieu of a straight presentation, if the panel can offer the opportunity to showcase differing approaches to a problem or situation.
Presentations both from ERAPPA member institutions and from business partners are welcomed. However, business partner presentations are expected to have an institutional member as a co-presenter. In fact, joint presentations that showcasee effective partnerships between business partners and institutions are encouraged. Additionally, presentations must be non-proprietary in nature, and cannot advertise a product or service. The Professional Development committee will review the submissions for:
- Relevance to the conference theme
- Timeliness and interest of the topic to the facilities professional
- Innovative ideas
- Qualification(s) of the presenter(s)
- Strong involvement of an institution on the presentation team
Additionally, the Committee may apply a preference for presesntations that highlight an institution which is more local or regional to the conference location.
- Educational sessions are 60 m inutes in length, so presentations will have to fit in this window, including time for questions
- Presentations will be placed on standard ERAPPA PowerPoint templates
- Presentations will be required to be submitted for review and approval prior to the conference
- Presenters are expected to register for the conference
Learning Units & Professional Development Credits
Although attendees typically seek topics of interest to them personally or to their employer, they may also be seeking presentations that provide them with continuing education credits (i.e., AIA credits) in a variety of disciplines. If a presentation can or may provide credits in any sort of category, it should be identified as such in the submission, by marking the appropriate check boxes. The ERAPPA Professional Development C0mmittee will also work with presentaers who feel their presenation may be applicable for credits, and submit it for education credits. ERAPPA is a registered AIA/CES provider.
Note: The deadline for submissions is February 15, 2019. Please submit your presentation here.
If you have questions you can contact the ERAPPA 2019 Professional Development Committee.